...Are they really?
Well, they do solve a lot of issues we have with other types of extension. Yes, they do! So let's take a closer look at the good, the bad and the...maybe real-real good.
First of all, what exactly is a U-Part Wig?
A U-part wig is wig sewn on a u-part cap. It has clips and adjustable straps on the back. You can blend your own hair through a specific u-shaped opening at the top of the wig. Through this opening, you blend your own part and expose your scalp for a natural looking hairline.
Then, you can design different u-shaped of various sizes. The direction of opening also has a middle part, left part and right part options. Also, to further protect your hair, a silk or lace closure can be worn with u-part wigs.
The big U-part advantage is it allows you to pull a small section of your own hair through an opening at the top of the wig. In under five minutes, you can get the look and finish of a sew-on weave.
So-ta-dah!-a U-part wig will give you the lovely look of a sew-in weave with the convenience of a wig.That can solve some problems right there!
Why do you want a U-Part?
- Give your hair and scalp break from the strain of traditional sewn in weaves.
- Achieve a more believable look and finish than a traditional wig
- Get an instant new hair style and the flexibility to change your styles frequently and quickly.
- Have easy and complete access to your hair enabling you to cleanse and care for it regularly.
- Hate those tight sew in weaves, braids or cornrows? Getting some hair loss? U-parts give your scalp breathing space.
- Oh convenience, thy name is U-part! You can remove the wig, shampoo, deep condition, blow dry and re-braid, and sew or clip the wig back on. Say “bye-bye” to nasty scalp.
The ease of this wig really lessens the time you must spend on your hair. You should shampoo at least once a week, and get a trim at least every six weeks. You can remove the wig, shampoo, deep condition, blow dry and re-braid, and sew or clip the wig back on.
As with most protective styles, there are a handful of notable benefits to rocking a U-part.
- Major time saver. There’s no need to fuss with sewing in individual tracks. In a matter of minutes you can pop on your U-part and head out.
- Complete access to your hair. U-parts give you the freedom to remove them, take care of your hair and scalp, and then reinstall the wig.
- Versatility! Since U-parts are made by you, for you, you’re free to have a custom unit for everyday of the week.
- Less tension. If sew-ins are your usual go to, U-parts allow you to skip tight braids and stress on your edges.
Now your hair becomes an accessory…as it should be. You can experiment and try colors, textures, lengths, and etc. without having to sacrifice your hair with permanent changes.
You can easily change up your look with a U-part wig unit. The are many options from long/straight to mid-length/loose curls to short/bobbed out.
So, how do you install a U-Part?
Make It Yourself
A U-part wig unit is constructed by sewing extensions to a wig cap. Yes, you can do it yourself. Making and applying a u-part wig unit is not too hard. Once it’s made it doesn’t take much time to apply it. Also, when you are ready to refresh your look it can be removed so that you can do your hair care maintenance and reapplied all in 45 minutes to an hour! The initial constructing of the wig unit is about 1 hour and 30 minutes, but after that it’s a piece of cake.
There are many tutorials on YouTube. Here’s two good ones:
Get one made by a professional
You can also have a professional to make one for you. You can have a part on either side or in the middle. Once the wig is made, your hair braided, and the wig is sewn around the outside. A section of your hair will be left out for coverage.
Another option is to have clips sewn on the wig around the inside. With this method it will allow you to slide the clips onto the braids and snap them for security. It’s that simple!
Buy a U-part online
Or, of course, you can buy a perfectly styled U-part wig. A smart choice is to buy one from a recognized and credible online seller, like My Real Hair Extensions. This is the fastest, easiest and probably the most economical way to get yourself a beautiful new look.
The REAL Good
So, instead of using all of your time and money and maybe not maintaining a healthy hair care regimen, opt to get yourself a U-part wig unit for yourself. Now, you can achieve the look of a traditional sew-in with much more convenience!